Argentine Tango Syllabus
- Christy Coté & George Garcia
- Item No:
- San Francisco, Califiornia, USA 5 Stars
Have not had a chance to write up a review of your DVD lessons till now. First off - your DVD?s are first rate.
1. The fact that you and George speak clear fluent English can not be overlooked.
2. You are consistent in your descriptions of ?start at position 2?, 3, 4 etc. of the 8 count basic. Consistency is essential for a person learning something new.
3. The lighting is sufficient to see all movements.
4. The stage is large enough to show complete patterns.
5. The camera work did not focus primarily on your feet. This provided an opportunity to see the upper body leading and following which is missing from most tango videos and is actually the most important aspect.
6. You and George repeated the pattern from numerous positions which is very helpful.
7. Adding the counting especially in the Vals DVD was superior.
8. The choice of clothes helped visually to see your bodies clearly. (I know you have your own complaints about the choices of clothing they wanted you to wear)
9. There is an obvious chemistry between you and George that comes out that both of you are very nice people and are friends and like working with each other. Selecting George as your partner for the DVD?s helped make the total package.
- Reno, NV 5 Stars
We really love the Bronze, Silver, and Gold Argentine Tango. Wow! Christy and George look wonderful and their instruction is great. This is the best I have seen yet.
- Manchester, UK 5 Stars
We felt your tuition gave us a new insight into steps we already new and after only a brief view of the DVD, have already seen several ways in which we can improve.
- San Francisco, CA 5 Stars
Hi Christy: Just to remind you, I obtained from you, a few months ago, seven of the nine videos, in DVD form, and the manual. Of the three basics, I have only the Bronze Syllabus. So far, I watched three of the DVD?s: The Bronze Syllabus, the Leader?s Technique, and the Follower?s Technique. You and George truly surpassed my expectations. The selection, organization, and delivery of the material, in tapes and the Manual, provide the first top quality instructional basis and continuing nutrition for those who have been touched by the beauty of the Argentine Tango.
- Port St. Lucie, Florida/USA 5 Stars
This is the first time we have tried learning via video instruction vs. group or private lessons. It is so nice to go at our own pace at home and review backwards when needed, and the teaching format is just perfect! This is much more "economical" too.
- Tacoma, WA 5 Stars
I have had several different experiences with the instruction of Argentime Tango - and I really appreciate the the clarity and simplicity from both Christy and George. My students are relieved to finally have an Argentine Tango DVD that they can understand. Thanks Christy and George !!
Shona Bailey Powers
- Derbyshire, England 5 Stars
The dvds of The Argentine Tango are indeed excellent being well produced and so clearly illustrated making learning such a joy. As stated before we are liking the dvds very much being the inspiration in our learning and understanding of this beautiful dance.
Customs and Import Information
DVDs, Videos, CDs, Books, Manuals & Accessories Return Policies
You must call us at 800-851-2813 for a return authorization.
Send your returns to:Return Department
9081 West Sahara Ave. Ste 100
Las Vegas, NV 89117-4803
- Four ways to buy!
|1||Basico - Basic||6:13||$2.99|
|2A||Cambio de Peso en el Lugar - Weight Changes in Place||2:05||$2.99|
|2B||Paso al Costado - Side Step||2:29||$2.99|
|2C||Cadencia - Rock Step||2:32||$2.99|
|3||Caminada - Walking||5:51||$2.99|
|4||Ochos Para Adelante - Forward Ochos||5:29||$2.99|
|5||Ochos Para Atrás - Back Ochos||6:31||$2.99|
|Demonstration - Figures 1-5||1:58||$0.99|
|6||Molinete a la Derecha - Windmill to the Right||6:17||$3.99|
|7||Molinete a la Izquierda - Windmill to the Left||5:42||$3.99|
|8||Basico en el Sistema Cruzado - Cross System Basic||5:37||$3.99|
|9||Caminada Variación - Walking Variation||6:12||$3.99|
|10||Caminada Con Giro - Walking with Turn||4:51||$3.99|
|Demonstration - Figures 6 -10||1:29||$0.99|
|11||Sacada con el Pie Izquierdo - Displacement with the Left Foot||6:44||$4.99|
|12||Sacada con el Pie Derecho - Displacement with the Right Foot||4:29||$4.99|
|13||Boleo con Cruzada en Espiral - Boleo with Spiral Cross||4:49||$4.99|
|14||Parada, Barrida & Pasada con Gancho - Stop, Sweep, and Pass Over with Hook||10:42||$4.99|
|15||Parada, Sandwich al Reves & Pasada con Media Luna - Stop, Reverse Sandwich, Pass Over with Half Moon||6:38||$4.99|
|Demonstration - Figures 11 -15||1:33||$0.99|