DVIDA offers Professional Examinations in American Style Rhythm & Smooth, International Style Standard & Latin, Argentine Tango, Nightclub Two-Step, Salsa and Hustle.
Before you begin studying for your DVIDA exams Click Here to see if there are corrections available.
There are two ways to take your Exams
- Complete Exam
- Test in all the dances of the style in which you are certifying at one time. See chart below for more details.
- One-dance Exams
- You can test one dance at a time. Since the Rhythm consists of eight dances, the 'One-dance' exam is actually a Two-Dance exam. See Chart Below for more details. This method has made certification more accessible and less overwhelming than a complete exam. You will receive a Certificate of Completion for each dance exam you pass. You will have up to two years to complete all of the dances within a particular level. When you complete the final dance, you will be awarded your Professional Certificate for the level you tested in.
Get answers to some frequently asked questions.
There are three main costs associated with taking your exams – the DVIDA examination fee, examiner expenses, and the ProDVIDA membership fee.
- DVIDA examination fee
- The price varies depending on the type of exam you are taking. See chart below.
- Examiner expenses
- You will pay the examiner hourly for their time. Each examiner has their own hourly rate, and you will pay them directly. Additionally, you are responsible for any travel, accommodation and meal costs if the examiner does not live locally. In this case, it is a good idea to amortize these expenses by organizing a day of examinations that includes other professional examinations and/or student medal exams.
- ProDVIDA membership fee
- ProDVIDA is a professional teachers organization and a member of the NDCA.
Types of Professional Degrees
"One Dance" Program
Sample of Exam
The Junior Associate Core 6 Examination is given as an example, however, the exams for the higher-level American Styles and International Style, use the same format.
- Print a sample Junior Associate Examination
- Print a sample Salsa Examination
- Print a sample Hustle Examination
DVIDA Syllabus Steplist
Scheduling your Exam
When you are ready to schedule your exam simply contact the examiner of your choice from the list of examiners.
If you have been previously certified with another NDCA recognized professional organization, you can be recertified with DVIDA using the following process:
- Submit a ProDVIDA membership and examination application, a copy of your previous certificate(s), and payment for membership and recertification fee to DVIDA.
- Schedule a recertification exam date with a national examiner (Junior Associate recertifications can be administered by a regional examiner).
Get DVIDA Certified in Move Like a Champion©
The exam may be taken in parts, to allow you to take a "slow and steady" approach. Here are your three choices:
|Type of Exam||ProDVIDA Exam Fees||Estimated Length of Test|
||$35||1 - 1 1/2 hours|
||$40||1 - 1 1/2 hours|
||$60||1 - 1 1/2 hours|